Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 3 - St. Anne's Park...

St. Anne's park was on the way home from Malahide, so Pawl and I stopped and took a wonderfully adventuresome stroll!



It's no surprise to anyone that knows us that Pawl and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE playing in trees!




The Avenue...
We stopped by the cafe in the Red Stables for a bite to eat. It was weird seeing it so empty as I had only been there on Saturdays during the Farmer's Market. The atmosphere was serene! The food was surprisingly delicious (Mashed potato "pancakes" topped with rashers, chicken and special sauce) ...good to the last drop!


Shortly after finishing our delicious "snack" the cafe turned into a very loud and active baby factory...so Pawl and I quickly made our departure!
We came upon New Salem Sue's little sister...Maeve.

Don't worry Maeve, Sue's got nothing on you! I mean what other cow statue in the world can shoot milk straight out it's ass?
On our way through St. Anne's, in search of the duck pond, we came upon many cool things...one of which was my favorite tree in the park! As evidenced above, the park is filled with very cool trees. This in my favorite b/c of it's exposed root system.



Pawl was clearly blown away by it's awesomeness!

After trying to find our way to the duck pond, map-less, we finally arrived! Pawl actually took this picture upside down as a test to see if my computer would be smart enough to automatically turn it right side up. My computer wasn't, but it appears that Blogger is.

We ended Pawl's final night with none other than Settlers of Catan. Yes, we are all obsessed with it and one of the things Chris and I was looking forward to with Pawl's visit was playing Catan with someone who already knew how to play. We accompanied our last night of Catan with sushi maki rolls. I taught the men how to build and roll maki rolls. They did a great job! (it was Chris' 3rd time) We had B/S asparagus, carrots, avocado and cucumber...plus Pawl's addition of, you guessed it, smoked salmon. One of my favorite parts of eating maki rolls is the wasabi high that inevitably goes along with it. Though it may look like I'm in pain...it hurts so good! (Thanks JCM)



I got bored waiting for Pawl to make a decision during his turn and built this AWESOME little lincoln log complex on stilts. I'm taking bids from any interested contractors who are dying to make my vision a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment