Thursday, September 3, 2009

The garden that keeps on growing...

This was the last hurrah for the beans...I think they were quite sad when my parents left and gave up on life...they are both now quite shriveled and hardened. RIP Beanpoles!

I finally resigned myself to the fact that the plants needed to stay inside, with the horribly strong wind of Ireland...they would be destroyed...similar to how boiling lava hot hotpockets destroy your mouth! So, until they are done producing fruit, I will simply have to accept that they have taken over half my kitchen. Difficult for me, as I don't like to share my kitchen with anyone! I have trimmed off the branches that were touching the ceiling, just to remind them who's boss!

It's been a long, long wait, but my tomatoes finally started to redden while my parents were here. We were able to enjoy a couple of them. I really had to keep an eye on my mother, as she kept trying to hog all the cherry tomatoes for herself! Mom, my tomatoes are limited, but you have a never ending supply at home in your own garden! ;) After my parents left, the plants went on strike...but this week, they started reddening again. I have 10-12 tomatoes on my big "money maker" ripening nicely! They will be quite tasty for when Pawl gets here next week (YEAH).


I have two remaining beets (saved for Pawl's visit of course). The basil is hanging on (barely...it doesn't like all the rain it seems), but the rocket is still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment