Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 1 - Onward to Bray...

Waiting at Connolly station on our way to Bray for the Swan Sanctuary. We stopped off at a Polish grocer b/c that's the only place they sell pretzels in Dublin. Man did that first pull taste good!
Chris and I have been battling for a while on what swans actually like eating while being fed by humans. He was adamant that they loved and preferred bread. I was convinced they preferred healthy greens. So, we put it to the test. Chris won out. They wouldn't even look in the same direction as my lettuce leaves, but gobbled the bread up straight out of our hands. I say at least make it whole grain bread!

Pawl was all out, but the swans just weren't having it!
After exhausting our food supply with the swans, Pawl wanted to walk on the water's edge and soon discovered the unlimited supply of awesome skipping stones.
The men in action!

We built up quite an appetite skipping stones and headed to the Porterhouse so Pawl could try out some of the local brews. For those of you who aren't aware, Pawl is a snob...about almost everything. Music, movies, food and especially beer. Apparently nothing can rival Portland local brews...


And apparently Irish beer can't either! Pawl didn't like any of the stouts on this sampler. He didn't even really like Guinness. I swore I wouldn't tell...whoopsie!

We stopped by the Tesco for some main ingredients for the week...while there, I was curiously drawn to Banana Beach Patrol...I was trying to blend in...did it work?
Pawl thought he was Gumbi...we had to help him out of Bob the Builder's truck in the end!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I really enjoy them - keep 'em coming. You guys do such interesting stuff on the weekends :)

    ReplyDelete