Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 2 - Temple Bar...again

After a full day in Dun Laoghaire, Pawl and I left Chris at home to get some work done and headed back down to the Temple Bar neighborhood for a pint. I realize it's not at all Irish, but The Czech Inn is my FAVORITE pub in Dublin. There's always a place to sit, the bartenders are friendly, they are have GREAT Eastern European beer (still not good enough for Pawl mind you) and we discovered how fabulous their food is as well. We had some gorgeous grilled sausage (well bratwurst really) with strong mustard and horseradish! Amazing! Played some Labyrinth, ate some food and went on our way!
Then we headed down for a drink at The Temple Bar on Temple Bar St. Let's see now, a pint of Guinness: 4 euro 50, a double shot of Bailey's Irish Cream: 13 euro 80! Yep...that was a shock when we got the bill. Lucky for me it was Pawl's turn to buy!
And of course we ended the evening with multiple games of Catan while enjoying Spanish tapas. On the menu tonight: Assorted olives or aceitunas rellenos, ham and tomato on baguette or jamon y tomate, Spanish potato omlette or tortilla de patata, and finally Gazpacho, or gazpacho! I don't have any sort of a blending or processing unit over here, it's all in storage in CO, so I couldn't blend the Gazpacho. Instead I mashed the tomatoes and put them through a sieve. I then shredded the red and green peppers, garlic and cucumber, added all my spices, mixed it up and let it chill in the fridge for the afternoon, so the flavors could incorporate. Definitely not as smooth as real Gazpacho, but the flavor was quite nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment