Saturday, September 5, 2009

DLR World Festival...

Chris headed off to Amsterdam to meet up with a friend, which left me "single" for a long weekend. My two friends, Katie, were kind enough to spend lots of time with me, Katie Stratton (KS) brought me to this amazing brunch place on the outskirts of Ranelagh called the Lennox Bistro. We felt like we were in Greenwich Village! The food was amazing and they were serving real bone china tea cups with tea service...we were so excited to drink out of them. Unfortunately, they ran out of clean fancy tea cups, so we settled for ordinary cups and a super fancy tea pot!

Did I mention how amazing the food was? KS had a tortilla with all sorts of goodness...we thought it would be more similar to a burrito, but it came out more like a tortilla pizza, to be eaten with a knife and fork...quite tasty, I must say. I do believe that my food took the cake though...the Irish version of Eggs Benedict. Instead of English muffins (I don't need your stinking English Muff-ins), they used a thick cut of Italian bread, then a hearty rasher, wilted spinach, two poached eggs and the kicker...minty hollandaise! OMG! The sounds coming out of my mouth with each bite were getting a bit inappropriate...I thought they were going to ask us to leave! I am seriously considering taking Pawl there for breakfast one day...but really...why wait till Pawl's here?

After breakfast and a LO-O-O-O-ONG wait for the bus, KS and I made it down to the Dun Laoghaire (DLR) World Festival for some amazing drumming, music in general and some less amazing food (hard to top the Lennox). Was a good day. We met up with Dermot and Katie Wenig (KW). Had some Ehtiopian food and did tons of people watching! Fantastic venue for that.

Later, whilst KW was enjoying her Falafel dish, we cobble-squatted on the lawn in People's Park to take in some Japanese drumming. We were about 6-10 inches away from a flower bed, but people insisted on walking between us and the flower bed. That's when we started our little experiment. We scooted closer to the flower bed, leaving only about 1-2 inches of space, with a whole field of green grass on the other side open and easily accessible. Where do you think people walked...in the flower bed, brushing by us most of the time. We couldn't believe it!



No comments:

Post a Comment