Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let's Walk & Talk...

One of the organizations I volunteer for is the Dublin City Council's Let's Walk & Talk group.  I am one of three leaders for the weekly Thursday Sandymount walks.  Here, the group is gathered outside the DART station waiting to start the walk!


Mary and I.  Mary is one of the other leaders for the Sandymount walk.  Ann Marie is the other leader...she's standing in front of Mary and I in the picture above.

On the way to the Irishtown Nature Reserve & Park.  This is close to The Strand.  People join the group for a variety of different reasons; to get exercise, to learn about different areas of Dublin, to socialize and meet new people.  It's a great group of people!

During the walks we generally stop to read about the area or to hear one of the participants tell us some of the unofficial history behind the area.  I learn so much about Irish culture and history every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment