Monday, April 27, 2009

Flashbacks of my father...

So, being 30 years old, I thought I would be legitimately free of my father's favorite phrases...do any of these sound familiar:  "Nothing sucks, it either pushes or pulls", "For every action there is an equal, but opposite reaction", "It takes external force to move something or stop something...that's the law of inertia."  In studying for my personal training certification, I have been reading Chapter three; Kinesiology.  How does this compare: "Force-something that tends to cause motion; a push or pull exerted by one object on another", "Law of inertia-force is required to start an object into motion and to decelerate or stop an object that is already in motion", "Law of impact and reaction forces-for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."  
I think my dad got together with the authors and said, "hey, my daughter is going to study this, can I put a few notes of my own in there?"  Dad...Mission Accomplished!  Guess what, I still remember all that stuff, inertia, fulcrums, Fa = force arm, Ra = Resistance arm...Rx is the abbreviation for Reaction...  I think the appropriate song for this moment would be "In my he-ad, in my he-ea-ead; Phy-i-sics, Phy-i-sics, Phy-i-sics-sics-sics!"  Thanks dad for being my life-long physics teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment