Friday, April 24, 2009

The transplant...

The fantastic thing about reusing egg cartons is though all your plants are in one container, it's super easy to cut and tear individual plants away while the rest of the container remains intact.  In addition to that, the carton tore away from the mix and roots of the tomato plant even easier, which made the transplanting process a breeze!  Unfortunately I did find a tiny bit of mold on the external part of the soil, but I peeled it off and am hoping it won't reek havec on the growing process.


After filling each pot with my delectable (at least to the plants) saturated mix, leaving a good 1" at the top, I created a hole of sufficient size to GENTLY place the tomato plant in.  I covered it with mix and watered directly at the stalks (just a little) to make sure the mix directly surrounding the roots was moist enough.  Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment