Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hotel California...

Speaking of the RDS (which stands for Royal Dublin Society), they put on big concerts from time to time. That is where Chris and I saw the Pogues. At exactly 8pm tonight I heard a crowd of people cheering and thought, "Huh, a Rugby match tonight?" (We also have a rugby stadium near our apt.) Then the music starts to play..."No way..." As I run through my memory of the "big acts" coming to the RDS this summer, it dawns on me that I am listening to a free concert of the Eagles...Dublin just keeps getting better and better! What I'd like to point out is they started playing at 8pm with no opener...could that be b/c they are older than most of my generations' parents? Bet the concert is over by 9:30p! ;)

Now I'm not even close to being a die-hard Eagles fan, but I am familiar with many of their songs (often thinking...wow, I didn't know they sang that one). But you have to admit that hearing a legendary band like the Eagles, for free and in the comfort of my own home, is a pretty sweet deal! To all you Eagles fans out there...Eat your hearts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment