Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Food in Madrid...

At the grocery store...well you know I have to go to the grocer in every country I visit! This top picture isn't great, but I wanted to take a picture of their "baskets". They had regular shopping carts, but nobody used them, b/c they had these baskets on wheels with long handles that you simply pulled around. I loved them!

Not sure what you would use Pollen granules for, but they sure seem to use them with all the different varieties they had available!


Tiny food market off the street...



These pastry chefs were great. They were attempting to move the MOAM (Mother of all Mixers) by hand (let's see, it only took 7 of them), until the front man with the red vest brought out the key item; platform...on wheels! They were more than happy to pose for a tourist, wondering, in Spanish, why on earth I would want to take their picture...

Chris' last meal in Madrid...They provide their helado bars with their very own coffins...


R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment