Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 1 - Temple Bar Brunch...

Pawl wanted to try a Traditional Irish breakfast whilst in the land of Eire, so we headed down to Temple Bar on the bus...as he has always wanted to ride on a double decker bus as well. Two birds! Once we got on the bus, he headed straight for the front seat on the top deck...it was fun, like watching a giddy little kid. The two ladies he sat in front of were speaking Spanish and started giggling when he sat down. Coincidence...you decide...oh what, I can't hear you b/c Pawl's shirt is too loud!


Once we arrived at Gallagher's Boxty House on Temple Bar St. Pawl ended up getting the Smoked Salmon Benedict rather than a Traditional Irish. When they arrived, he said, "Oh man, yours looks so good. I should have ordered that. Meh!" In the end, he thought his was quite tasty. He ate so much smoked salmon during his trip...I'm not a huge fan of it myself, so I gagged about the same amount, especially when he took huge bites! But as my dad always says, "Different strokes for different folks."



After brunch, we started meandering around the streets of Temple Bar and came upon this Farmer's Market. We all love discovering Farmer's Markets. I think Chris likes it best b/c I get so happy. Especially when there is such an amazing olive bar! We ate so many olives during Pawl's visit that we actually got sick of them...which is hard to believe considering Chris and I ate olives everyday we were in Spain (9 days total). Let's just say there were a couple pounds of olives consumed in 4 days!

My goal was to get Pawl on a castle tour so we went in search of Dublin Castle, but the hours and tours were extremely limited that day...we just looked around a bit instead.

I'm not sure how Pawl sneaked away, put on those clothes and struck that amazing pose without us noticing, but I'm glad there was picture proof of it!
While exploring the grounds of Dublin Castle, we came across this serpent maze by the Chester Beatty Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment