Monday, June 1, 2009

West Coast Getaway...

Chris and I rented a car and drove to the West Coast...County Sligo.  What freedom a car gave us!  We started straight away with Surf lessons by Perfect Day Surf School.  I stood up 4 times (immediately followed by falling).  Chris did great as well, but he didn't need the lessons, as he's surfed before.  After being beat up by the waves for 3 hours, Chris and I relaxed in seaweed baths.  Next day we hiked around Carrowmere Cairns & Knocknarea where Queen Maeve was buried.  We didn't think we would need sunblock in Ireland and I got 2nd degree burns on my neck.  That didn't set in till we got home...so off to Bundoran in County Donegal we went.  A walk on the beach and jumping off a cliff (I hit the bottom and sprained my ankle).  After spending some final relaxing moments on the beach, we were off to home again, only to find our street completely blocked off by a 10k walk/run...so we parked and walked home!  I was so happy to return our freedom to the rental company and ride stress-free public transport home!  What a fantastic weekend...for pics see Chris' blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment