Friday, June 12, 2009

How long will my garden grow...

The rocket is doing well...I started picking the bigger leaves and adding them to my tasty veggie sandwich (whole grain bread, classic hummus, cheese, rocket, and slices of cucumber, red onion & red pepper (sometimes tomato). Ooo, it's so good! Adds a nice mildly spicy kick!

The beets are getting SO big! They are misleading like carrots...the greens are getting big but there is still lots going on underneath! These babies won't be ready for a few months!

These blossoms have actually turned into little baby tomato nubs. There are so many blossoms on all four of my plants...they should be starting to produce edible tomatoes by the time Bev and Robin visit in July and definitely will be an over flowing cornicopia by the time my parents arrive in August!

Do you see them? They were dee-licious! Chris and I shared them with huge smiles on our faces! Can't wait for more. There are already more growing plus tons of blossoms on the verge of being beans!

I thought the garden could finally find it's permanent home out on the balcony, but alas, the wind was so gusty it blew a bean and a tomato plant over. Chris to the rescue. He moved all but the rocket and beets inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment