Thursday, June 4, 2009

A green thumb afterall...

The butterhead lettuce wasn't doing well...it wasn't doing anything except wilting..so I evicted it from it's planter and transplanted the beets, since it was a much bigger home!  They were pretty pissed off right away, but are adjusting nicely!

I then transplanted the rocket into the old beet planter and my last un-used planter...they are happy in their new home!

So I did a little experiment.  Rebecca told me her dad's trick of planting the bottom leaves of the sprouted tomato plants under the soil.  It's hypothesized that this allows for a stronger root system.  She told me this after I already transplanted my first two plants.  The one of the left is the one I transplanted after talking with her, using her tips...I think it's safe to say there is something to this logic!

My bean has grown beyond it's bamboo support, so it's now permanently outside and winding it's way around the balcony rail.  It must like it b/c there are not only blossoms, but two little beans growing!  Oh my babies grow so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment