Saturday, April 10, 2010

Uzerche, France...

After going about 5 hours out of our way b/c I put all my navigational faith into our new, but unreliable SatNav, we decided to head back in the right direction, but take a small detour along the way. We are staying a couple nights in the small, but absolutely beautiful town of Uzerche, France with the Vezere River running out our hotel window. Spring has sprung, the sun is shining, no need for coats, only sunglasses and smiles. I walked along the river a bit and found myself thinking of Uncle Tom as I came upon a Kayak course in the river. I know he's not necessarily into sport kayaking, but kayaking reminds me of him and his new interest none-the-less. Chris and I are hoping the whole town doesn't shut down on the weekends, so we might have a chance to rent one and have a go.

I have found, during my travels, that lack of exercise and sleep are a poor, poor combination for all involved. Luckily we have been staying near towns with rivers and nothing motivates me more to go for a run, no matter how quick, then being near water with a lovely running/walking trail. It calls to me, with buds bursting on trees and flowers overcome with blooms. We are in a town I have never heard of in France...that is amazing! And I found out the dish I have been looking forward to the most since arriving in France, but have not been able to find on any menu is available at the restaurant down stairs. Can't wait to get me some Cassoulet! So if you'll excuse me...my stomach is a rumbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment