Friday, April 2, 2010

Lindau part deux...

I rented a bike today and ventured beyond the footpaths to the big open bike paths which led me to the surrounding communities. It was lovely. But first, to the Island of Lindau:






Not sure that actually make sizes that big...

The lovely receptionist at my hotel, Sabine, says she's my German sister. We have a great deal in common and enjoyed two lovely evenings getting to know one another. First night, I bought some Italian Red Wine and cheeses and we talked politics and the state of the world from two countries' points of view. Quite interesting.

Next night, she brought me to her flat (which looked a heck of lot like the one I had in Boulder before moving in with Chris) and this random, but lovely Mexican Restaurant, owned by her good friend. I couldn't believe the mound of meat for my fajitas. I told them how we get about a quarter of the meat in the states and she replied, "But I thought America was the land of the big dishes?" To right, but not big amounts of the expensive stuff!
These, I learned from Sabine, are apple and pear trees, as fresh pressed juice is very popular in this area. I rode my bike through fields of these.






1 comment: