Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lindau, Germany...

I spent a few days in the Bavarian town of Lindau. I chose this town b/c of it's position on Lake Constance, which also borders Austria and Switzerland and has a view of the Swiss Alps from a lovely park just around the corner from my hotel. The moon greeted us with full beauty the night of our arrival.

Wanted to show Rebecca that though the beer is still present there is no meat in this meal of mine and hasn't been for two days. Still quite tasty though! I am in love with the way they combine potato salad, pickled cabbage of all types with their lettuce salads!
I do believe this was the first hand blower ever invented...impressed it still works, but thought it was going to set fire to something before too long, with the burning fumes emitting from the fan. Perhaps it was just my flesh.
YEAH SPRING!
Random but oddly inspiring...
The tiniest old school bike in the world!
That's right, someone had a vineyard in their back yard!
View from the park over Lake Constance.

So the first day it was absolutely beautiful and still quite warm...then came the cold front. it rained yesterday and snowed today. I am boycotting the cold and doing my domestic duties inside today (handwashing laundry b/c there is not self-service launderette anywhere in town and blogging!)

No comments:

Post a Comment