Saturday, May 2, 2009

Your man...

Over here in Ireland they have very distinct phrases that Chris and I are constantly schooled on.  One that we've tried desperately to work into our everyday conversation is "your man."  Now, your man isn't usually in reference to Chris, who would be considered "my man."  Over here it is in reference to anyone or thing that would be of any mutual knowing to you and the person you are talking to.  Man, woman, dog, even a band or sports team.  As an example; "I was walking on O'Connell and saw your man across the street" (in reference to a co-worker or friend)...or "I was watching the tele and saw your man last night" (in reference to your football (soccer) team or music group).  It's very fun for Chris and I to try to work Irish phrases into casual conversation...sometimes one of us does it successfully and it takes a few seconds for the other to pick up on it...but mostly it involves lots of laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment