Monday, May 11, 2009

Walking from here to Monkstown...

So I decided to walk along the Strand from Ballsbridge to Salthill/Monkstown.  It took me 90 minutes, but was extremely beautiful the whole way...here's what I saw:

The park in Blackrock...have I mentioned how much I like the brilliant green here in Ireland?

At Seapoint the birds were soaking up the sun!


Salthill/Monkstown...I didn't realize until today that during high tide this is the place for swimming...in the frigid sea...wet suit optional!



Walking around Monkstown...I ate at this cute cafe for lunch, I think it was called The Tea Room (delicious Caprese Salad with real mozzarella and the worst cucumber, apple, mint juice ever)!
Everything is smaller in Europe...

There was a sailboat race off Dun Laoghaire harbor.  It was pretty cool the watch...I could get used to living by the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment