Saturday, May 16, 2009

The garden that keeps on growing...

I will be transplanting my last thing this weekend...it's my rocket (arugula).  It's growing quickly and I'm SOOOOOOO excited for it's harvest!  Yummy, yummy, yummy!

My beets are coming up...they have been outside the whole time, enduring the mighty wind and rain...they are always wet and cold, but they seem to love it!

So I cheated a little and bought a basil plant...Mmmmmm, Basil!

The blue bean has really taken off...I'm afraid I'm going to run out of pole!  He's already up to the 4th rung, quickly making his way up to the fifth (out of 6).  The green guy (the pictures are backwards) is getting up there too, but going at a more steady pace.




I got very worried about my tomato plants last week.  I put them out, all day for two days when the wind finally settled down and it was sunny.  After that I noticed some of their leaves were starting to turn whitish/yellow and curl up to die.  I snipped off a couple leaves and took them to the nursery for a diagnosis...sun scorch!  Apparently I have to be more mindful of direct sunlight all the way up here in Ireland as they can't handle too much of it.  He accused me of watering the leaves in the middle of the sunny day...I was immediately offended (though it was probably true...did I learn nothing from mother?).  I have been more cautious about putting them out again...and how I water them.


Chris' Garden is going to town (that one was for you mom and dad).  This little Bonsai needs a trim and the orchid is on the verge of blooming...any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment