Monday, May 4, 2009

Bean & Butterhead transplants...

I think my bean plants are ready for transplant...I re-used my laundry soap buckets (they use individual pouches over here) for the bean pots.  I hope they are big enough for the roots, otherwise another transplant will be in order later in the summer.  Two of my beans seem to have stopped growing, so I only did two bean transplants.  I think that will supply us with more than enough beans to eat!





Here are my beautiful butterhead lettuce sprouts...swine flu and salmonella free!  There are so many that I won't be able to use them all, so I will try to pawn them off on my friends as well.  I cut out the section that Chris adopted and separated them out into 4 quadrants of the big pot...they looked quite sad and disgruntled immediately after transplant, but they have bounced back nicely and are looking great!


My newly updated garden.  There are only two more things to transplant (chives & rocket (arugula in the states)), but those have a bit to go.  They are both starting to pop out to see the world though!  As far as getting the garden outside...it's not so much that they aren't ready, it's that I don't like all the wind and rain, so I'm still opening the doors for a few hours each day, but I'm not ready to let them outside full time quite yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment