Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Czech Republic - Prague...

Chris and I finally made it to Prague about 4 days after we planned to be there. We were warmly greeted by Andrew, Robin's youngest child...though he is not a child any longer. Andrew is living in a town outside of Prague, teaching English. He was kind enough to take us around to some of the sites and orient us to the city.

A night walk back to the hostel... This was a wonderfully unexpected reward for the awful time we had finding parking. Luckily Czech drivers are extremely patient and considerate!
We desperately needed to do laundry and finally found a laundromat conveniently located within walking distance of our hostel. When we arrived we found that some English students were shooting a film of some OCD college kids who met and fell in love at a laundromat. Our clothes took twice as long b/c we could only access the machines during breaks in shooting, but we got free internet access for our troubles! The clean laundry was well worth it!
I was jonesing for some American style grub...quick and easy and well that's about it! So McDonald's was my choice and it was actually quite tasty compared to the US version...
Chris was in heaven since we went there at my request (this never happens) and b/c he discovered Taschtikas (hot mixed berry pie).
After my run in gluttony, I didn't feel so good...
Chris, on the other hand, felt amazing!
Later, I took a walk down to our parking garage b/c I discovered that though the night walk was lovely, I dropped the parking ticket from my pocket along the way. I took a scenic 45 minute walk back to the parking garage to see what I would have to do to retrieve my car. Turns out I only had to show my passport, drivers license, car registration, car keys and pay 3.000 Kc (~$150)...umm, lesson learned! Luckily, we decided to stay longer to meet up with our friends from Dublin, Katie and Dermot, so we ended up only paying for the equivalent of 1 extra day.

This is what I saw on my way to the parking garage!


This beer is delicious btw! It's similar to the Javaporter at the Southern Sun in Boulder.
We met Katie and Dermot at this restaurant b/c they boasted brewing their own beers (8 types) that you couldn't find anywhere else in CZ. I mainly picked it b/c it was big and I figured they wouldn't get upset that we would be there for hours playing portable Catan!


My victory dessert!
In Old Town Square...



The light was too dark for me to get K&D without a flash, but there is a beautiful bridge and castle in the background! Still, a lovely picture of a lovely couple!

1 comment:

  1. Prague looks pretty awesome with benches & spires like that, holy bawls.
    I hope you learned your lesson with McDs.
    Love the mural.

    ReplyDelete