Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tacoma 4 - Move over Bavaria...

Rebecca wanted to get some stuff done around the house, so Peter, Patrick and I were kept occupied with some pretzel making. My first time, so Peter and Patrick helped me out. They are expert rollers after all...

They weren't too keen on the traditional pretzel shape, so we had a menagerie of letters and shapes...
You boil them for a short time in baking soda water at a rolling boil...

Then bake them to a Golden brown...
This is what was left of our three batches that afternoon...even less by the evening. I believe only four made it to the next day, but definitely not beyond that.
We learned they are quite tasty with good old mustard...although a nice cheese sauce would have been perfect too!

During the cooking of the last batch, we kept ourselves busy with a game of hide-n-seek. Peter and Patrick were pretty tricky hiding in the same place each time...but getting just as excited about me finding them each time, so I had to video the last time!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment