Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tacoma 1 - Around the house...

Mat had knee surgery the day before my arrival so there was plenty of time for naps.
I love a kid who requests apples as a snack...
Rebecca's duty of making the fire...I took it over by the end of my trip as I loved gathering the wood from the wood pile in back, wheel barreling it up to the front and starting up the fire. It's good, honest manual labor and quite meditative. Plus, the former was always a great way to spend 1:1 time with either Patrick or Peter since they had their own "wheel barrel" for helping out and it always ended in a wheel barrel ride. It was difficult for Patrick to pick up the wheel barrel to give me a ride, but Peter did fine ;)
These two played so well together!
Peter and I read about wolves all over North America, therefore he became a wolf during much of his play. The laundry basket was his cage.
This little guy sure liked the phone...
Lot's of putting it to his ear and saying something that sounded similar to "hello."
Guys...can you keep it down, I'm on the phone! Sheesh!
I spotted a real cowboy during my visit...that was an unexpected surprise for me!
Of course many boardgames were played while enjoying Rebecca's delicious stove popped popcorn. Later she let it slip that they typically enjoy popcorn as a Sunday treat, where as we had it almost every night I was there. I reminded her how much of a treat it was to have me there everyday, therefore the popcorn was still a treat! I beat Mat in Backgammon making me the Grand Champion of the World. I was not so lucky in Qwirkle...which is my new fav game...and Rebecca and I tied 1:1 for Catan! Good times as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment