Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Munising, MI...

The other memory that plays so fondly in my mind from that roadtrip was our stop over in Munising, MI. Now I really built this up in my head every since I was in 8th grade, so you can imagine how excited I was knowing I was finally fulfilling my dream of revisiting the area. As it were, it was much less exciting than the memories I had, however, as an adult and with much more time there I was able to explore and create new memories!

The first of which was on the falls trail!

And Sand Point Beach!
The first time I ever had fresh seafood was at this place...The Dogpatch restaurant! They had an all-you-can-eat fresh seafood buffet the day we passed through. I remember being grossed out by having to peel the shells and legs off the shrimp (what do you mean the are real live creatures before I eat them?) however I fell in love with crab legs!

Unfortunately I should have listened to my hotel front desk clerk when she encouraged me NOT to eat at the Dogpatch. It was greasy, bland and smoky...with no seafood buffet. But it was fun going back!
They have so many trails to waterfalls and along the cliffed coastline of Lake Superior, so I took advantage by taking a 4 hour hike!



Though you can never really go back, you can always visit and make new memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment