Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Carthage, MO...

So much happened in between Munising, MI and Carthage, MO...Here's a quick recap:

Carrie, Ian's wife, was kind enough to put me up for a night while I was en route. She showed me the great haunts of Duluth, MN! She is now living with Ian and working as a vet at an alternative therapy clinic for animals in Hong Kong...and from what I can tell, loving it!

I was also able to visit my Aunt Kat, Uncle Dan, cousin Devon, Great Uncle Jerry and Aunt Ellen and friends Chris and Kate while in Grand Forks, ND...great to be back there, always!

Next stop on the list was good old Dub-C! I always love heading back to my hometown, especially during the spring/summer. My dad was busy working hard as a park ranger at TRNP and giving Memorial Day addresses to honor our veterans. My mom and I played. We had people over for dinner. I watched the last of the kids I used to babysit graduate from HS; all of which impressed me with their levels of maturity! Yes, it was a lovely visit!

I had a stop over in Kansas City, MO to see my one and only. He introduced to "fine" KC cuisine (Backyard BBQ, Gates BBQ, Strands Fried Chicken where I introduced our waitress to the Arnegard Martini...), track ball and walks around the neighborhood!

That brings us to Carthage, MO where I had the privilege of having an extended with Krista, whom I hadn't seen in many years! Krista and I had many adventures and some pretty competitive games of ladder ball! We watched many great movies and cooked even greater meals! Oh, Krista...thank you for such a wonderful time!



1 comment: