Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tanzania - Serengeti Nat'l Park

Day two of our safari found us crossing the dry and dusty prairies of the Eastern part of Serengeti Nat'l Park. This was Chris' favorite part our Safari trek. The plains/prairies actually reminded me quite a bit of ND prairie land, except it was peppered with zebra, wildabeast, warthogs, gazelle and elephants instead of cattle.
I wasn't expecting to see storks at all in Africa, especially of so many different varieties.



The zebras in SNP were all about love, love, love!
A large herd of elephant...
Our first pride of lions...
Mufasa...ooooo, say it again! Mufasa!

straight out of the lion king...or is it the other way around?
1 leopard leaping...and a partridge in a pear tree!
Sunrise hot air balloon safari...reminded me of when my dad and I took a hot air balloon ride one Memorial Day weekend, oh so long ago, in Longmont, CO.

My favorite part of this game drive was sunrise over the Serengeti. It's magnificent!


This is my favorite picture of the entire Africa trip!
A Marshall Eagle with his caught prey.
Pumba!
This is a sausage fruit tree. Only monkeys and baboons eat the fruit...they really do look like sausages!
STAMPEDE!
African Bison...Sanga kept getting frustrated with me b/c I kept calling it Water buffalo. ("Not buffalo...bison!")
We knew we were about to see some predatory animal when we came upon the land rover convention...
1 leopard lounging...

No comments:

Post a Comment