Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last days in Dublin...

So our last days in Dublin, back in January, were actually quite glorious b/c we got the snow I missed during Christmas. It was incredibly cold, but I didn't mind b/c there was snow everywhere and everywhere I looked everyone was loving it. All of a sudden all these Irish people had full snow suits and I kept wondering, with snow every 15 years (on average), why would you have them and where do you have room to store them? But they were getting full use the last weeks.

Here is the fountain outside our old apt

On the way to Herbert Park
My favorite walk in HP
The duck pond in Herbert Park...it was frozen solid (poor fishy) so the kids were running and playing all over it. Most of the adults were pretty hesitant to adventure out onto it, but when they saw me running and playing they were much braver. The way I figure it, the pond is 2.5 feet deep, so if I "fall through" I get my ankles wet at most!

There was a group of business people who took the time to build this impressive snow man and dog during their lunch break. They were very proud of themselves, and rightly so.
Somebody lost their awesome stuffed dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment