Monday, January 11, 2010

Full of Excuses...

As I sit here, eating my Chana Masala, I realize how long it's been since I have done a proper post, or any post at all for that matter, on my blog. I know I get extremely frustrated when a blog I check frequently doesn't update their posts. So, here it is...the best I can do at this moment in my life. Chris and I are preparing for our departure from Ireland. It is, as Kate Kapus described it, bittersweet, as we have learned a great deal, met wonderful and hopefully life-long friends and gone on some amazing adventures in our own backyard. We have also experienced the hardships of this recession, being so far away from friends and family and some of the less enjoyable, day-to-day things about living in a foreign country. So as we say goodbye to our friends, walk through Herbert Park one last time, eat at this restaurant and have lunch at that cafe, one more time, we will be saying hello to a new chapter in our lives. We will be saying hello to the adventures of Cape Town, South Africa (diving with sharks and seals, swimming with penguins, attending local cooking classes...you can guess who is doing what). We will be tackling a grand adventure on the highest free standing peak in the world followed by a sightseeing safari in the Serengeti. Then it's off to Europe...with no plans...just flying by the seat of our pants... Adventures await us, but in the planning and preparing I have not had time to post the pictures from the fabulous visit from Kate and Kyle... or Chris and my trip to VA for Christmas (or mine to NC). I haven't been able to post the pictures of the snow that just wouldn't leave Ireland alone (their snow flakes are hail pellets...) and all the snowmen that cheered me on as I walked across Herbert Park's frozen Duck pond. But, I assure you, we will have some down time during our travels, so I will do my best to get these and future pictures posted! That is my promise to you! Till then!

2 comments:

  1. ooh. i made your blog twice... not quite thrice... but I'll take twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are simply awesome! I miss you so and want to work on getting the blog updated tomorrow, but if not tomorrow, then sometime in the next two months!

    ReplyDelete