Friday, August 14, 2009

Doolin Banjos...

So while in Ireland, I had to bring my parents to Doolin, it is the village that holds my fondest memories or my first trip to the Emeral Isles. I do believe they now hold it dear to their hearts as well!
Long distance relatives live in Doolin and used to run this pub...so we ate there for dinner, next to the river smelling of peat.




I reserved spots for us all at the Aille River Hostel. I wasn't sure how my parents would like it seeing that they would likely be the oldest people there, but not only were they warmly welcomed, they loved the experience of meeting so many people from different cultures. We chatted with people from France, Belgium, Holland and the states. Ate delicious homemade scones from the general store and played cards over breakfast! This is where I stayed 4 years ago and loved it so much. It's only improved since then!


Down on Doolin Point...this place holds special memories for me from my trip 4 years ago. The wind was blowin hard, the rain sleeting down and the waves crashing loudly, but still majestic!


No comments:

Post a Comment