Friday, August 7, 2009

Brandi Carlile...

Headed to the Academy on Lower Abbey St. to see Brandi Carlile in concert last night. As Chris knows, I don't love concerts (mostly the standing really hurts my back), but when it's a band/artist that I love, I will suffer through, b/c if I really love their music, I completely forget about my back. As was the case last night. The opener was a band out of Bath, England called "The Kill It Kids" or something like that...(2nd picture). I thought the lead singer was a girl until this deep voice started singing...I looked around for the source of the voice only to realize it was indeed a male! The keyboardist had an amazing voice...very strong! This was their first real concert gig...so they were quite nervous...but I think they will do well for themselves.

As for Brandi...AMAZING! She is not only a talented artist, but a fabulous entertainer! Great stories, excellent audience participation (as I love) and played a good mix of old, current and new music! I highly recommend seeing her in concert if you get a chance in the future! Her popular album is "The Story" and their new album comes out in October (in the states).



No comments:

Post a Comment