Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fleetwood Mac...

Though Chris and my first year anniversary was in June, he treated me to a concert of one of my favorite bands...Fleetwood Mac. I started getting into the Mac when I would visit home from college over Christmas. Our family (my parents and I) would head next door to the Heck's house for our annual card games (Shanghi Rummy and such). Gene would be in charge of the music and would inevitably start playing the Mac. It stuck in my head. Luckily, that same year, my roommate was a Mac fan as well and was participating in a radio contest where the listener who came up with as many words spelled from the letters in the band's name won free tickets. Unfortunately, she didn't win, but she did play their songs over and over and over again. I learned to love them, but alas, that was the last time they toured (that I was aware of)...ten years ago. Chris, being an avid concert goer, stays abreast of all the shows coming to the area and surprised me with tickets...
Lindsey Buckingham stole the show (closely followed by the amazing Mick Fleetwood). JohnMcVie was solid on bass guitar. Unfortunately, Christine McVie did not tour with them, which is a shame since I love so many songs in which she's featured. Stevie Nicks was...well, let's take into consideration that she is over 60 years old and still rocking out...not quite as hard as the guys, but still rocking. She was obviously on something...Chris and I couldn't really figure out if she was mentally altered or if the blank expression she carried through the show was a result of a massive injection of Botox...regardless, she was definitely on something.
Here we are at the O2 arena.


They played two encores...and played for 3 solid hours! That's pretty impressive considering Lindsey is the youngest at roughly 61 years old!

Lindsey's solo...Big, Big Love!
Dude knows his way around a guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment