Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Germany - Nuremburg...

When Chris asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, I thought long and hard and decided I wanted to spend it in a small, Bavarian town. Well I got the Bavarian town part right, as Nuremburg was a bit bigger than I anticipated...however, Old Town was just the right size.

Here is my birthday walk...
The bottles on the side are what seems to be Bavarian wine bottles...
I ventured up toward the Imperial Kaiserburg Castle, which was under construction and only had tours in German. The clerk at the desk said the tours at this time of year are even boring for Germans and recommended I not pay money for it, but simply walk around the grounds on my own.


I love the windows in the roofs...
So many churches...
and purses in bird cages...
Back to the Garden Hotel to pick up Chris for lunch...He was busy wrapping presents in my stead...
view of the restaurant I picked out for us to eat...
the courtyard...


Hare with cranberry and the best spaetzle I've ever had...
Chris was super excited about his pork shoulder and sauerkraut with wheat bier...he's loved it so much he's still talking about it.
After all that AMAZING traditional German food we had to walk some of it off before we felt human again...



So we walked to the Toy Museum...

The girl's room was my favorite part. These are small recreations of kitchens but the equipment was made with real materials, so the rich children of dukes and earls could only play with them under the supervision of a governess.

The very first roller blades...
Here's to you Robin...
Walking back to the hotel at sunset! Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment