Friday, November 6, 2009

mle...in San Fransisco

After a full 24 hours of flying wonderful AA, Jackie and Dave were kind enough to pick me up from the airport. I was at that tired stage of delirium where everything anyone said was funny...even Dave... After a blissful night sleep in CJ's kick ass bed (she was on holiday and donated her bedroom), Jackie brought me down to an amazing Farmer's Market near the ferry building.

Colorful peppers...
My first taste of persimmons...I don't like them very much. These are two different types. Apparently the one on the left is best when it's as soft as an overripe tomato...it was so squished by the end of the day that we never found out.
There were tons of orchids...



This is called a Buddha Hand and as you can read on the professional signage, it's a lot like a lemon. Upon further investigation we found out that you can't really cook with them as they are mostly for decoration.
Cold chillin'
After the Farmer's Market Jackie and I walked down to see (and smell) the seals on Pier 39. Here are some things we saw along the way...





The seals were especially active and stinky that day, but that didn't stop the crowds...

Though grandma was in a hurry, she wasn't too busy to show her national pride.
On Sunday, Dave and I cheered Jackie on for her soccer (Football) game. Dave is also on the team, but blew his knee out a few weeks ago...

so he can only watch them from the sidelines...


Poor Dave.

Some other highlights from my glorious weekend in San Fran was Dave making Jackie and I pancakes...they were wheat and gluten free, but you wouldn't know it...they were delicious!

After kicking Jackie's butt in Boggle, I found out she has an old school Nintendo game system complete with the original Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt and my personal favorite...Dr. Mario. I was going cross eyed after playing so much Dr. Mario!

The only request I had while visiting San Fransisco was that I wanted AMAZING Mexican food...Dave delivered! We had take away at his fav place and I couldn't stop moaning with pleasure as I ate my carnitas tacos (with soft corn shells) and fantastic chips and salsa!

Next stop...Alameda to visit Becky, Jason & Madeleine!

No comments:

Post a Comment