Friday, April 24, 2009

Herby butterheads...

I continued with the egg carton plantar for my chive and butterhead lettuce seeds, but modified...after all I learn from my lessons!  Instead of using only egg cartons and cardboard rolls (aka. things that absorb water and rot), I decided I needed to get some plastic in the picture.  I have been going through a huge hard-boiled egg kick, so bought a pack of 18.  I saved the top from that jumbo carton, which was plastic and shaped in such a way that it became the perfect elevator for the drainage while subsequently allowing air to circulate, thus preventing mold!  Problems solved!  

Now for the other lesson learned: which side did I plant which seeds on?  Shoot!  This time I marked the side with the chives with red marker while the side with the lettuce have no markings.  I'm putting out fires all over the place...move over Martha Stewart!

No comments:

Post a Comment